- v5.0 universal zip (this post is now deprecated - please go to the lastest post)
Due to popular requests, I decided to make a zip with most of my tweaks. Applying the zip below will:
- Installs busybox 1.18.0 (in an alternate location).
- Enables Cron.
- Tweaks kernel stuff (vm, minfree, etc.).
- Tweaks build.prop (on some ROMs).
- Flushes system caches once a day (3AM PT).
- Disables logger
- Enables new governer.
- and more (in the change logs below).
Here's how you apply the zip (this is standard stuff):
- Back up your ROM! (Some of the stuff in the zip are experimental, and I don't test every release for every ROM, so make sure you have a nandroid backup to go back to!)
- Boot into Bootstrapper/clockworkmod.
- Install zip.
pgrep -f crondIf you get a number, then you're all good. (The number just means that the process is running in the background, nothing more.)
- v3.1: Fixed busybox/crond issue. Separated DX and D2 files - duh.
- v3.2: Fixed wget.
- v3.21 (D2 ONLY): Fixed crond start bug.
- v3.3 (DX/D2), V2.0 (Apex): busybox 1.18.0, made minfree more aggressive for secondary apps (may reduce occasional sluggishness), prettier "ls", got rid of scheduler tweaks which did nothing.
- Timezone semi-auto detection for cron (US only).
- Additional minfree tweaks to make memory management a bit more aggressive to prevent some reboots and freezes.
- Added bash.
- Added additional cron job examples (backup files including sms datase, killapps - all disabled by default).
- Liberty version has call delay and proximity delay slightly tweaked per Jreguit.
- Purge logs - view /tmp/imosey to see what kind of effects nightly purging has.
- Changed the purge time from 1AM to 3AM.
- Fixed a bug in timezone detection (doh!)
- Disabled logcat at boot for extra performance, battery, etc - hopefully. (comment in 99imoseyon to disable)
- Added zipalign for system apps at boot. (comment in 99imoseyon to disable)
- Separated crond startup to a separate script for future proofing.
- Added another cron job example in /data/cron/root for soft reboot, and added explanation for each cron job.
- TODO: test the others version for APEX.
- Disabled zipalign at boot - should fix the no service problem. Sorry about that!
- Fixed a major bug in the v4.2 of "others", where if you were installing the zip for the first time the mods weren't being applied at all! (sorry)
- Incorporated the minfree tweak from my experimental version.
- Interactive governer for speed! (thx to drod via jrummy via milestone, etc.)